Tips to Use Free Chinese Translation Service
(Chinese Translation, Doing Business in China)
Yesterday, We’d talked about the reasons why Chinese is difficult How Difficult is Chinese to Learn? for people to learn.
Let’s see how to choose suitable solution for Chinese Translation.
Free Chinese Translation Service
There are several free, online translation services which will do a Chinese translation of your documents in English or in other languages.
Most of them have various Chinese translation services, such as website translation, Chinese translation of uploaded documents, or translation of text copied or typed into a text box.
When you use a free Chinese translation service, the document or website is translated by a computer program.
Unfortunately, computers don’t really understand human languages, so your Chinese translation may end up as rubbish.
You would argue that Machine Translation between English and European languages are greatly improved.
but the machine translation between English and Asian languages are really poor as compared to European ones.
Computers do a fairly good job of translating individual words.
But They have limitations when translating complex sentences.
Anyway, You can use these free services to understand the rough ideas about the source files and decide whether you should go further.
in many cases, this is enough for getting some basic information.
Comparisons of some Free Chinese Translation Services
When it comes to computer translation, the simpler the better. If you stick to Subject – Verb – Object sentences, you have the most chance of getting an understandable Chinese translation.
Even so, some Chinese translation services are better than others.
Take for example, the sentence “It is hot today.”
- Google came up with a ridiculous 它是热的今天. Google Translation result will change while the database is expanding and improve its quality, however, We can understand its meaning only, You could not use it in formal situations.
- Reverso came up with a ridiculous 这是热门. Reverso only offers simplified characters, so that, together with a nonsense translation, puts them at the bottom of the list – don’t use it.
- Transwhiz, provides another bad Chinese translation of “It is hot today” came fromwhich offered 它今天很热 (tā jīntiān hěn rè). This word-for-word translation is not grammatically correct.
- Yahoo Babelfish came up with 天气今天热的. This can be understood, but is a clumsy use of the Mandarin language.
Many Translation Services, but Few Engines
Despite the relatively large number of Chinese translation websites, there seems to be just a few translation engines that power them.
Most of these sites do not offer any advantage over the Google Translate site, so why bother using them? Google translate has a nice auto-update feature that translates as you type, and it also shows you the Pinyin Romanization of the Chinese characters.
Want A Good Chinese Translation
Computer translation will only get you so far.
It may provide an understandable translation, as long as you simplify the original English text.
The only way to get a proper Chinese translation is to hire a professional translator, preferably someone who is a native Mandarin speaker and who partners with a native English speaker.
ChineseTrans is dedicated to provide professional Chinese translation services with a large network of professional Chinese Translators.
With more than 8000 qualified Chinese translator(s) and reviewer(s) from around the world, we now can cover various subjects across business, financial, legal, marketing, medical, medical and technical fields.
From websites, brochure, medical records, marketing copies, to technical documents, we can get the job done quickly with accurate Chinese translation.
Doing business in China or Chinese communities is full of challenges, Our clients have been more easier to enter into this booming market and boost their sales thanks to the professional Chinese translatoin services done by ChineseTrans.
Every translation is supported by our guaranteed quality assurance and the communication with our experienced project managers is convenient in the whole process of the service.
- Accurate, and guaranteed Chinese translation
- A transparent pricing with online instant quote
- Deep knowledge in doing business in China
- Special expertise on most subjects, from business, legal, medical to technical
- An understanding of your business challenge
- Great value for your money
Get in touch and start communicating in Chinese Now!
www.chinesetrans.com★Get INSTANT QUOTE!
Latest posts by ChineseTrans (see all)
- Tips of Chinese SEO - February 14, 2016
- Differences Between Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese - February 4, 2016
- Always Get Proofreading by a 2nd Translator - June 28, 2015
Tags: Free Chinese Translation