Chinese Brand Name Check
(Chinese Translation, Doing Business in China, Marketing in China)
Now you comes to the China market, you need an ideal Chinese brand name first.
Well localized Chinese brand or product names play a key role in your Chinese market expansion.
If I am selling to you, I speak your language. If I am buying from you, You should speak my language!
What’s a Good Chinese Brand Name?
- Easy to Remember: Most Chinese consumers find it hard to remember brand/product names in western languages.
- Similar sound with the original language: The ideal Chinese brand name should “sound like” its western counterpart.
- Positive Chinese Meaning: Chinese characters used to express the brand name should imply positive meanings for product quality to the target Chinese market.
KFC, Budweiser, Coca cola are good examples for great brand name.
First, Avoid Problems
Here are some potential problems a company’s brand name could face in Chinese market:
- The brand name has a negative, unpleasant, offensive, suggestive, or embarrassing meaning in the target country
- The pronunciation have negative connotations in Chinese?
- The brand name is already in use in China, Taiwan, Hongkong, or Singapore
- The brand name is difficult or impossible to pronounce in Chinese.
- The images or colors associated with the brand have inappropriate meanings in Chinese
Brainstorm or Crowd-sourcing
You will get many choices of Chinese names through brainstorms or crowdsourcing.
More candidate names will keep you from risks. You could shortlist them and conduct brand name checks.
Conduct Chinese Brand Name Checks
Effective Chinese brand names come from a deep understanding of the Chinese market and imaginative use of product connotations in selection of Chinese characters.
The Chinese brand check can be fast-pass or in-depth.
Quick Chinese Brand Check
Quick Chinese Brand Check is a cost-effective process, the in-country linguists and brand checkers for each language quickly determine if a brand name has negative meanings or connotations in the target country.
In-Depth Chinese Brand Check
The in-depth Chinese brand check is more thorough process, multiple Chinese in-country linguists and brand checkers will determine if a brand name has negative meanings or connotations in the target region(China, Hongkong, Macau, Taiwan, Singapore).
They also answer additional questions, which are customized to the needs of the company brand. This will help identify possible advantages, and even suggest alternatives whenever there is a potential problem with the brand name.
In-depth Chinese brand checks may also include Chinese focus groups.
A Chinese brand check can save your brand investment. Without one, your company brand could suffer embarrassing and costly damage, and repairs may require more time and money than you can afford.
Contact ChineseTrans to get your Chinese brand check service.
With more than 8000 qualified Chinese translator(s) and reviewer(s) from around the world, we now can cover various subjects across business, financial, legal, marketing, medical, medical and technical fields.
From websites, brochure, medical records, marketing copies, to technical documents, we can get the job done quickly with accurate Chinese translation.
Doing business in China or Chinese communities is full of challenges, Our clients have been more easier to enter into this booming market and boost their sales thanks to the professional Chinese translatoin services done by ChineseTrans.
Every translation is supported by our guaranteed quality assurance and the communication with our experienced project managers is convenient in the whole process of the service.
- Accurate, and guaranteed Chinese translation
- A transparent pricing with online instant quote
- Deep knowledge in doing business in China
- Special expertise on most subjects, from business, legal, medical to technical
- An understanding of your business challenge
- Great value for your money
Get in touch and start communicating in Chinese Now!
www.chinesetrans.com★Get INSTANT QUOTE!
Latest posts by ChineseTrans (see all)
- Tips of Chinese SEO - February 14, 2016
- Differences Between Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese - February 4, 2016
- Always Get Proofreading by a 2nd Translator - June 28, 2015
Tags: Brand name Check, Chinese Brand Name